Jaimee L. Nardiello focuses her practice on disputes involving construction, contracts, and environmental/energy laws. She manages litigations from inception and has worked on some through trial, developing and executing strategy, and advocating on behalf of clients in court. She represents clients in commercial litigation –winning dismissals, mitigating liability, and preserving reputations.
Ms. Nardiello negotiates contracts in transactions for high-profile construction projects. She also advocates for design professionals in complex intellectual property disputes.
Ms. Nardiello is a member of the Governing Committee of the American Bar Association Forum on Construction Law. She is the Immediate Past President and member of the Executive Board of Commercial Real Estate Women of New York (CREW) the leading organization for professional women in commercial real estate in New York City. Ms. Nardiello is a Past Chair of the Design Division of the American Bar Association Forum on Construction Law.
Ms. Nardiello was awarded the CREW NY Founder's Award. She was selected to Crain's New York List of Leading Lawyers. She was also named a “Leading Lady” by The Mann Charitable Foundation. She was named an Outstanding Woman in the Building Industry by the Women Builders Council. Ms. Nardiello was recognized as a New York Metro Super Lawyer, after being named a New York Super Lawyers Rising Star. Who’s Who Legal counts her among the country’s leading lawyers in Construction Law. Engineering News-Record (ENR) New York named her to its “Top 20 Under 40.” She was selected as a Fellow of the American Bar Association, Forum on Construction Law (2011-2014) and currently serves as Fellow of the American Bar Foundation and the Construction Lawyers Society of America.
Ms. Nardiello writes and speaks frequently. Some of her publications include: "Architect-Engineer Contracting," in the ABA's Federal Government Contracts, Third Edition; “AAA Construction Arbitration: A Step-By-Step Guide, Annotated Construction Glossary;” “Civil Liability for False Claims in Public Construction;” and “The Bar Exam Survival Guide: The Insider's Handbook to Passing the Bar Exam.”
The following are select representative matters:
Honors & Recognitions
- City & State New York, Above and Beyond Awards, Real Estate
- Crain's New York, Inaugural List of Leading Women Lawyers
- Engineering-News Record's (ENR) Top 20 Under 40 Industry Professionals
- Founder's Award, CREWNY
- “Leading Lady” by The Mann Charitable Foundation
- "Leading Lady 2018" by Real Estate Weekly
- Outstanding Woman in the Building Industry, Women Builders Council
- Super Lawyers
- Super Lawyers Rising Star
- Who's Who Legal, Leading Lawyers in Construction Law
News & Events
Zetlin & De Chiara LLP has been recognized as a leading construction law firm by The Legal 500 US in its annual guide.
- 08.15.2019The Best Lawyers in America 2020
- 08.06.2019New York Real Estate Journal
Jaimee Nardiello, Partner, was honored by CREWNY with its Founder's Award as a member who exemplifies the finest qualities of the organization, consistently supports CREWNY's mission and goals, and does so with remarkable generosity in sharing both time and talent in support of others.
Zetlin & De Chiara LLP Partner Jaimee Nardiello has been elected to the American Bar Association’s Forum on Construction Law Governing Committee.
Zetlin & De Chiara partner Jaimee Nardiello is featured in NYREJ's 'Year in Review'.
- Partner Jaimee Nardiello to Speak at 2019 ABA Midwinter Construction Industry Forum Conference in Los Angeles
Jaimee Nardiello, a partner at construction law firm Zetlin & De Chiara LLP, will speak at the 2019 American Bar Association (ABA) Forum on Construction Law’s midwinter conference on Public Construction Projects: Not Always a Hollywood Ending. The conference will celebrate the town's creativity and vitality as it explores the characteristics of public construction.
CREWNY, Commercial Real Estate Women New York, announced boutique construction law firm Zetlin & De Chiara LLP as the recipient of the 2018 Sponsor of the Year Award. For nearly 20 years, the firm has supported CREWNY’s dedication to the advancement of professional women in commercial real estate through networking, education and leadership development.
"CREW New York’s history is an inspiration to all of us, recreated real estate in our city, and offered countless opportunities to women,” said Jaimee Nardiello, 2018 CREW New York presidenta and a partner with Zetlin & De Chiara LLP. “With such a great foundation, we’re about looking to the future, helping women enter, learn and succeed in our industry.
Partners Jaimee Nardiello and Loryn Riggiola of construction law firm Zetlin and De Chiara LLP have been recognized as “Leading Ladies” of the commercial real estate and development community by Real Estate Weekly.
- 07.17.2013Real Estate Weekly
- 12.11.2012Women in Real EstateThe Commercial Observer
- 12.2011Worried About The Bar Exam?Student Lawyer Magazine, American Bar Association
- 09.24.2019200 Liberty Street
Jaimee Nardiello, Moderator
Charles Bendit - Taconic Investment Partners; Joseph Moinian - The Moinian Group
Jaimee Nardiello, Partner, will moderate a panel that will discuss the most important drivers in the office market in Lower Manhattan at Commercial Observer's 3rd Annual Downtown Forum. 2018 was a banner year in the Downtown market for commercial office leasing, and 2019 shows no change in this trend. Leasing activity continues to diversify and there is plenty of new supply coming to market.
Most lawyers already know that losing bidders often target the owner and winning bidder when they believe that bid criteria or due process requirements were not followed. But what about advisors to the owner, such as architects, construction managers, and owner’s reps? Can they be liable to the losing bidder on theories like defamation, tortious interference, and other creative claims? This session explores theories of liability of those parties for the consequences of their advice, including a discussion of defamation and other potential claims for an architect’s recommendations on bid selection.
Jaimee Nardiello, Moderator
Tommy Craig - Hines; Marylou Berk - Le Frak; Joanne Podell - Cushman & Wakefield; Amy Rose - Rose Associates
Jaimee Nardiello, Moderator
Amy Cuddy; Mary Ann Tighe; Sallie Krawcheck; William H. McRaven
- 2016"Contract Administration" ABA Forum on Construction Law, Regional Program on Construction Contracts
- 2016"Preliminary Hearings and Scheduling Orders" The Anatomy of a Construction Arbitration, Litigation SeminarNew Jersey
- 2015“Post occupancy Evaluations, A Legal Perspective” NY Region A&D Sustainable Design Leaders
- 11.14.2013Construction Law: Current Issues in Contracts and LitigationCenter for Real Estate Studies at New York Law School Master Class
- 2013"Making Dollars & Sense of Construction Damages," ABA Forum on Construction IndustryNaples, FL
- 04.2012American Bar Association's Forum on the Construction Industry Annual Meeting: One Nation Under the International Green Construction Code
- 2011ABA Construction Industry Forum Annual Meeting: Bridging the Hoover DamScottsdale, AZ
- 2010Arbitration, Mediation and Litigation
- 2009Legal Implications of Social Media in the Workplace
Summer turned up the heat at Zetlin & De Chiara LLP where we were involved in two of the most prominent construction cases in the nation. With attorneys airborne between the East and West Coasts, the office has been busy on the ground with client matters, fielding questions from the press, speaking at industry events and supporting community and professional organizations. Even as the temperature outside cools, our high level of activity shows no signs of chilling.
- 2017Architect-Engineer ContractingFederal Government Construction Contracts, Third Edition, ABA, 2017
- 2015Practical Law
- 2010Annotated Construction GlossaryAmerican Bar Association
- 2009Civil Liability for False Claims in Public ConstructionConstruction Advisory Report
- 2008The Bar Exam Survival Guide: The Insider's Handbook to Passing the Bar ExamProfessional Publishing Group
General Counsel / Board Membership
New York Law School, J.D.
Marist College, B.S.
- New York
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey