Bill Chimos, a Partner with Zetlin & De Chiara LLP, has extensive experience representing clients in complex commercial and construction litigation matters, including the resolution of claims through mediation and arbitration. Mr. Chimos regularly advises clients on business-related matters, professional licensing issues, contract drafting and negotiation, insurance matters and risk management strategies.
Mr. Chimos represents architects, engineers, design professionals, contractors, construction managers, owners, developers, and other parties in the construction industry. He also counsels owners in commercial landlord/tenant disputes.
Mr. Chimos has been a guest lecturer at Cooper Union, delivering presentations and moderating panels on construction industry trends and issues.
The following are select representative matters:
Honors & Recognitions
News & Events
Zetlin & De Chiara LLP has been recognized as a leading construction law firm by The Legal 500 US in its annual guide.
- 02.17.2010Bill Chimos and James Rowland of Zetlin & De Chiara LLP Promoted
A news brief announcing the promotion of Bill Chimos, James Rowland, Eric Morgenweck and Jeffrey Yick was published in the February 17, 2010 issue of Real Estate Weekly
Bill Chimos, Moderator
Thomas Coghlan - Integro Insurance Brokers; Allan Paul - AECOM Tishman; Theodore von Rosenvinge - Geodesign Inc.
- 11.2008AIA-ACEC Risk Management Committee Meeting - Risk Management & AllocationBill Chimos, Partner
- 05.2007AIA-ACEC New York Special Advisory Committee Meeting - Lender CertificationsBill Chimos, Partner
- 05.2007AIA-ACEC New York Special Advisory Committee Meeting - Recent Changes to the Lobbying Procurement Rules: Pitfalls You Can AvoidBill Chimos, Partner
- 09.2002Solving Water Intrusion and Mold ProblemsBill Chimos, Partner
- 04.08.2005Insuring a Design-Build ProjectZetlin & De Chiara LLP Review
- Summer 2003Recent Litigation Affecting MoldZetlin & De Chiara LLP
- 03.2003Insurance and Surety Bonds Relating to the Design and Construction IndustriesNew York Construction Law
St. John's University, School of Law, J.D.
New York University, Stern School of Business, B.S.
- New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York