Bill Chimos, a Partner with Zetlin & De Chiara LLP, has extensive experience representing clients in complex commercial and construction litigation matters, including the resolution of claims through mediation and arbitration. Mr. Chimos regularly advises clients on business-related matters, professional licensing issues, contract drafting and negotiation, insurance matters and risk management strategies.
Mr. Chimos represents architects, engineers, design professionals, contractors, construction managers, owners, developers, and other parties in the construction industry. He also counsels owners in commercial landlord/tenant disputes.
Mr. Chimos has been a guest lecturer at Cooper Union, delivering presentations and moderating panels on construction industry trends and issues.
The following are select representative matters:
Honors & Recognitions
News & Events
New York, NY (November 5, 2020) - Leading construction law firm Zetlin & De Chiara LLP announced today that ten of the firm’s attorneys were selected to Super Lawyers 2020, part of Thomson Reuters. An annual attorney rating service, Super Lawyers recognizes outstanding lawyers who have attained a high level of professional achievement and are well respected by their peers and colleagues. The selection process, culling from over 70 practice areas, includes independent research, peer nominations and peer evaluations.
New York, NY, (August 20, 2020) -- Zetlin & De Chiara LLP is pleased to announce that nine lawyers have been included in the 2021 Edition of The Best Lawyers in America. Since it was first published in 1983, Best Lawyers has become regarded as the definitive guide to legal excellence.
In addition, three lawyers have been included in the 2021 Edition of Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch. Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch recognizes lawyers demonstrating outstanding professional skills early in their careers in private practice in the United States.
Eleven Zetlin & De Chiara LLP Attorneys Recognized by Thomson Reuters’ Super Lawyers 2019
Zetlin & De Chiara LLP has been recognized as a leading construction law firm by The Legal 500 US in its annual guide.
- 02.17.2010Bill Chimos and James Rowland of Zetlin & De Chiara LLP Promoted
A news brief announcing the promotion of Bill Chimos, James Rowland, Eric Morgenweck and Jeffrey Yick was published in the February 17, 2010 issue of Real Estate Weekly
Bill Chimos, Moderator
Thomas Coghlan - Integro Insurance Brokers; Allan Paul - AECOM Tishman; Theodore von Rosenvinge - Geodesign Inc.
- 11.2008AIA-ACEC Risk Management Committee Meeting - Risk Management & AllocationBill Chimos, Partner
- 05.2007AIA-ACEC New York Special Advisory Committee Meeting - Recent Changes to the Lobbying Procurement Rules: Pitfalls You Can AvoidBill Chimos, Partner
- 05.2007AIA-ACEC New York Special Advisory Committee Meeting - Lender CertificationsBill Chimos, Partner
- 09.2002Solving Water Intrusion and Mold ProblemsBill Chimos, Partner
- 04.08.2005Insuring a Design-Build ProjectZetlin & De Chiara LLP Review
- Summer 2003Recent Litigation Affecting MoldZetlin & De Chiara LLP
- 03.2003Insurance and Surety Bonds Relating to the Design and Construction IndustriesNew York Construction Law
St. John's University, School of Law, J.D.
New York University, Stern School of Business, B.S.
- New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York