Loryn P. Riggiola, Partner, represents clients in disputes arising from construction projects and commercial matters from counseling through litigation and/or arbitration . She has represented clients in both public and private sector projects, contract disputes, bidding disputes, defect and delay claims, and commercial disputes. Ms. Riggiola has worked with clients in the United States and abroad on a variety of matters, including the construction and operation of energy projects.
Ms. Riggiola also represents corporations and financial institutions in litigation involving complex commercial issues, including employment disputes, restrictive covenant and unfair competition litigation. She has handled litigation involving trademark, trade dress and palming off claims under the Lanham Act, together with related insurance coverage issues.
Ms. Riggiola handles litigation from consultation to trial. She has participated in numerous bench and jury trials in both New York and New Jersey. Ms. Riggiola has served as both lead and supporting counsel in state and federal trials. She has also appeared before the appellate courts in both New York and New Jersey on behalf of our clients. Ms. Riggiola has conducted mediation, arbitration and international arbitration proceedings. She manages a diverse and active caseload.
Ms. Riggiola was selected by NJBIZ as one of 2020's Best Women in Business and recognized by the Women Builders Council as an Outstanding Women in the Building Industry. She was honored by the Mann Foundation for her contributions to the building industry. Real Estate Weekly named her one its “Leading Ladies." She received the notable AV rating from Martindale-Hubbell and was recognized by Best Lawyers in America and Super Lawyers for her skills and expertise as a litigator.
Honors & Recognitions
- Best Lawyers, Commercial Litigation
- “Leading Lady” The Mann Charitable Foundation
- "Leading Lady" Real Estate Weekly
- Martindale-Hubbell®* AV rating
- NY Metro Area Leading Ladies in Real Estate
- NJBIZ Best 50 Women in Business-2020
- Super Lawyers
- Women Builders Council, Outstanding Woman in the Building Industry
News & Events
New York, NY (November 5, 2020) - Leading construction law firm Zetlin & De Chiara LLP announced today that ten of the firm’s attorneys were selected to Super Lawyers 2020, part of Thomson Reuters. An annual attorney rating service, Super Lawyers recognizes outstanding lawyers who have attained a high level of professional achievement and are well respected by their peers and colleagues. The selection process, culling from over 70 practice areas, includes independent research, peer nominations and peer evaluations.
New York, NY, (August 20, 2020) -- Zetlin & De Chiara LLP is pleased to announce that nine lawyers have been included in the 2021 Edition of The Best Lawyers in America. Since it was first published in 1983, Best Lawyers has become regarded as the definitive guide to legal excellence.
In addition, three lawyers have been included in the 2021 Edition of Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch. Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch recognizes lawyers demonstrating outstanding professional skills early in their careers in private practice in the United States.
Loryn Riggiola was named to NJBIZ's 2020 Best Women in Business. The individuals recognized in NJBIZ Best 50 Women in Business program are not just operating in the Garden State’s enterprise environment "they’re leading it, as decision-makers, trendsetters and forward thinkers".
Eleven Zetlin & De Chiara LLP Attorneys Recognized by Thomson Reuters’ Super Lawyers 2019
- 08.15.2019The Best Lawyers in America 2020
Eight attorneys at Zetlin and De Chiara LLP were recognized in The Best Lawyers in America© for 2020.
Zetlin & De Chiara LLP partner Loryn Riggiola will be honored for her contributions to the building industry by The Mann Foundation at its spring gala celebrating the foremost women in the apparel, banking, real estate, and hedge fund industries.
Loryn Riggiola, Partner at leading construction law firm Zetlin & De Chiara LLP, spoke on a panel sponsored by the Women Builders Council (WBC) on Monday, November 19. The program, Our Stories: The Women of Real Estate, discussed the changing dynamics of the Real Estate and Construction industries and how to empower women leaders within them.
Zetlin & De Chiara LLP announced today that the firm has once again been selected for National Tier 1 in the areas of Construction Law and Construction Litigation by U.S. News for its annual “Best Law Firms” ranking.
Zetlin and De Chiara LLP, a leading construction law firm, is honored to announce that seven of the firm’s attorneys have been named “Best Lawyers in America” for 2019. Additionally, co-founding partner Michael Zetlin has been selected as a “Lawyer of the Year” within the Construction Law practice group in the New York City region by the respected, peer review guide.
Partners Jaimee Nardiello and Loryn Riggiola of construction law firm Zetlin and De Chiara LLP have been recognized as “Leading Ladies” of the commercial real estate and development community by Real Estate Weekly.
New York, NY (August 15, 2016) - Zetlin and De Chiara LLP is pleased to announce that seven of the firm’s attorneys were named to the 2017 Best Lawyers in America list.
Best Lawyers is the oldest and most highly-respected peer review guide to the legal profession worldwide. Ranked attorneys reflect the high level of respect earned among other leading lawyers and clients within their communities and the same practice areas for their abilities, their professionalism and their integrity.
- 11.12.2012Retailer Sues Hartz Mountain Over Harmon Cove ClosureNJBIZ
- 05.01.2008Small Change Makes a Big DifferenceNew Jersey & Company Magazine
- 02.22.2007Kindness on schedule at stationThe Star-Ledger
- 08.15.2019Partner Loryn R. Riggiola Spoke at the American Arbitration Association - International Centre for Dispute ResolutionThe American Arbitration Association – International Centre for Dispute Resolution (AAA-ICDR)
Loryn Riggiola - Partner
Aisha Nadar - Consultant, Advokatfirman Runeland AB, Board Member, FIDIC; Levi W. Barrett - Senior Counsel, Peckar & Abramson, P.C.; Albert Bates, Jr. - Partner, Pepper Hamilton LLP; and Kenneth W. Cobleigh, Esq. - Managing Director and Counsel, The American Institute of Architects
Partner Loryn P. Riggiola spoke on the panel “Understanding the Dispute Management Provisions Pursuant to the FIDIC and Other Industry Form Contract Documents and their Application to Mega Projects – An International and Domestic Construction ADR Overview ” at the American Arbitration Association – International Centre for Dispute Resolution (AAA-ICDR).
Loryn Riggiola, Moderator
- 06.2014Healthcare Master Builders DiscussionHarvard Club
- 10.2013What Does Design Build Mean in New York State?Arup
- 06.27.2012JuiceTank Inaugural Conference: Anatomy of Decision-Making Success
- 05.08.2012Third Annual Groundbreaking Women in Construction Conference, Decision-Making: Negotiate, Decide, Act
- 10.13.201126th Annual Conference & Exposition for Minority & Women-Owned Business Enterprises: Contracts Agreements
- 06.16.2011Complying with Federal Mortgage Lending Laws, Defending Mortgage Lenders and Brokers, Issues with Receivers and Ancillary Procedures to Protect Loss and Practical Alternatives to Foreclosure
- 05.09.2011Groundbreaking Women in Construction - Managing Complex Projects: Best Practices Here & Abroad
- 04.15.2010National Leadership Conference for Women in Construction - Looking Ahead: The New Leader, Hammer, Heels and Heart
- 12.08.2005Construction Superconference - Electronic Information: How to get it, how to use it and how it will make or break your claim
Summer turned up the heat at Zetlin & De Chiara LLP where we were involved in two of the most prominent construction cases in the nation. With attorneys airborne between the East and West Coasts, the office has been busy on the ground with client matters, fielding questions from the press, speaking at industry events and supporting community and professional organizations. Even as the temperature outside cools, our high level of activity shows no signs of chilling.
- 05.2014New Jersey Law Journal
- 03.04.2013Social Media: From Computer to CourtroomThe Metropolitan Corporate Counsel
- 02.01.2011E-Discovery Takes a Turn – Charting the Course to Discovery from Social NetworksThe Metropolitan Corporate Counsel
- 05.01.2009Successfully Managing a Troubled Construction ProjectThe Metropolitan Corporate Counsel
Seton Hall University School of Law, J.D.
Ramapo College of New Jersey, B.S.
- New York
- New Jersey
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. Court of Appeals, District of Columbia