Roy H. Schwartz, a Principal, focuses his practice on commercial and construction litigation. He has defended architects, engineers, and land surveyors in professional malpractice claims. Prior to joining Zetlin & De Chiara, Roy was with a New Jersey law firm where he represented design professionals in the defense of professional liability and related claims. He has lectured on malpractice-related issues. Amongst other notable successes, he has procured summary judgment several times by arguing that plaintiffs' experts have provided inadmissible, net opinions. His experience also includes, for example, representing plaintiffs and defendants in commercial and personal injury claims, and preparing appeals.
Roy previously clerked for the Honorable Anthony J. Parrillo, J.A.D., a New Jersey Appellate Division judge.
Roy is admitted to practice in the State and Federal Courts of New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and New York; and the Third Circuit. He received his J.D. from Rutgers Law School-Camden, and his M.S. (Global Studies) and B.A. (Political Science and Economics) from Rutgers College. While in law school, Roy served as the Production Editor of the Rutgers Law Journal and Vice-President of the Rutgers International Law Society. He participated in the Hunter Moot Court, where he was recognized as a Top Ten Oralist. Roy also received the Richard B. Morris Prize in American Legal History.
The following are select representative matters:
News & Events
- 02.28.2020Anazette Ray and Roy Schwartz Briefed NYC High School Students on Careers in Law as part of NYC Career Discovery WeekPartnership for New York City and NYC Department of Education
"Get a mentor." That may be the most valuable piece of advice imparted on February 11 by Anazette Ray and Roy Schwartz, attorneys at Zetlin & De Chiara LLP, when they spoke to the future leaders of New York City at the High School for Civil Rights in Brooklyn as part of Career Discovery Week.
- 11.05.2019Real Estate Weekly
Roy Schwartz, Principal at Zetlin & De Chiara LLP, was spotlighted in a profile in Real Estate Journal's One to Watch Spotlight.
- Real Estate Weekly
Rutgers Law School-Camden, J.D.
Rutgers College, M.S.
Rutgers College, B.A.
- Honorable Anthony J. Parrillo, J.A.D., a New Jersey Appellate Division Judge
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Western District of New York
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania