After many years and much effort, New York has finally shed its reputation as being inhospitable to the biotech and life sciences industries, emerging as a leading incubator of firms on the cusp of revolutionizing healthcare and wellness.
“The risks are worth it and the rewards are there,” said Michael Zetlin, Senior Partner at Zetlin & De Chiara, launching a discussion on the evolving approach to retail at Commercial Observer’s “ 3rd Annual Retail Forum” on May 1, 2019.
Lower Manhattan’s residential and office markets may be thriving, but it could still use better planning and stronger flood protections against future storms in the wake of Superstorm Sandy, panelists said at Commercial Observer’s Downtown Forum.
Summer turned up the heat at Zetlin & De Chiara LLP where we were involved in two of the most prominent construction cases in the nation. With attorneys airborne between the East and West Coasts, the office has been busy on the ground with client matters, fielding questions from the press, speaking at industry events and supporting community and professional organizations. Even as the temperature outside cools, our high level of activity shows no signs of chilling.
Michael Zetlin, Co-Founding Partner at Zetlin & De Chiara LLP, spearheaded a constructive dialogue at Commercial Observer’s 4th Annual Brooklyn, Queens Forum at Industry City in Brooklyn earlier this month, where panelists pondered the proverbial “chicken and the egg” when it comes to Queens residential development and retail opportunities.
- 2017Architect-Engineer ContractingFederal Government Construction Contracts, Third Edition, ABA, 2017
- Keith L. Kaplan & David A. Beatty, The Impact of the Vissichelli Decision in Defending Nursing Homes Against the “Insanity” and “Continuous Treatment” Tolls, 2017(1) AHRMNY The Risk Management Quarterly 18 (2017)
- 01.2017Real Estate Weekly
- 02.2016Arbitration is Under Attack: Counsel Should Pay AttentionNew Jersey Law Journal
- Fall 2015Real Estate Weekly
- Richard J. Montes & David A. Beatty, The Preservation Rule in the New York Court of Appeals: How Recent Decisions and Characterizations of the Rule Inform Advocacy, 78 ALB. L. REV. 119 (2015)
- 2015Practical Law
- 04.2015"As another worker dies, big questions stilll surround NY Scaffold Law"Real Estate Weekly
- 02.2015Daily News
- 02.2015Construction Today
- Richard J. Montes & David A. Beatty, Are the Appellate Courts Deviating from the “Deviates Materially” Standard of Review?, 77 ALB. L. REV. 13 (2014)
- 2014How Much is too Much Pro Patria: Assessing the Limis of a Chaplain's Role as Advisor to the Command63 Naval L. Rev. 1
- 05.2014New Jersey Law Journal
- 03.2014Leveraging Labor to Control CostsConstruction Today
- 01.2014Mann Report
- 12.2013What do you mean there's an issue with my additional insured coverage?Zetlin & De Chiara LLP Newbulletin
- 12.2013Construction Today
- 09.2013Mann Report
- 05.2013AIA Trust